Welcome to FSAC website.
Flintshire Sub Aqua Club is a friendly and very active British Sub Aqua Club based in Holywell, North Wales. We provide diver training from beginner through to Advanced Diver via the BSAC Diver Training Programme for all members . This includes a wide range of specialist training through the provision of regular Skill Development Courses.
The club has 2 advanced instructors, 10 open water instructors and two assistant instructors.
The club has an appointed welfare officer who, as a qualified social worker, has completed several safeguarding courses to ensure safety of all members is at the forefront of club activities.
If you are interested in learning to dive, continuing your training or joining us on organised dives or trips in the UK or abroad come along and meet us:
- Our theory training sessions are held every Wednesday from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Lecture Room at Holywell Leisure Centre, Fron Park Road, Holywell, Flintshire, CH8 7UZ.
- Our pool training sessions follow these and take place in the swimming pool between 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- We then adjourn to the Stamford Gate, Halkyn Road, Holywell, CH8 7SJ to socialise.
What FSAC can offer
- Family Friendly
- Active Social Calendar
- Meeting/Training Rooms
- Two RIB's (Rigid Inflatable Boat)
- Snorkelling and try Dives offered to potential interested members
- Scuba kit for learn to dive trainees to borrow
- Active diving programme
- Active BSAC Diver Training Programme
- Teaches scuba diving from 14 years old
- Own compressor
- Club organised UK and overseas diving holidays
- Snorkelling kit for learn to snorkel trainees to borrow
- Scapa Flow to dive on the remains of the German high seas fleet from world war 1.
- Weymouth to dive the area famous ship wrecks including the M2 British submarine and the aeolean Sky.
- Egypt diving the renowned reefs and ship wrecks including the Thistlegorm.
- The maldives where members dived with manta rays and sharks.
- NDAC Chepstow. This was to dive the well known site but more important to enjoy a social evening after the dives.
- Vobster quay. Another very well known inland site.
- RIB dives in Liverpool Bay on the Torch, Resurgam, Penstone, Dublin, Alarm, Lelia and the Calcium.
- A 3 day trip to cardigan bay to dive on the Furey Firefly aircraft.
- Open water Training sessions on 8th, 15th and 22nd November.
- Club AGM on 25th November, 07:30pm at the Stamford Gate Hotel, Halkyn Road, Holywell.